Image Captions and Information
Captions can be critical during judging — write and enter your image captions carefully.
IPTC data may be embedded into images using Photoshop, Photo Mechanic, Aperture Lightroom and other image editing solutions. You must include the correct capture date and location information. Once you have uploaded your files, any prexisting IPTC data will be automatically extracted and displayed for review and modification.
The following IPTC fields are required:
- Document Title is the image title
- Author is the photographer's name
- Description is the caption
- Capture Date verify that this field is correct
- Location information including location (if applicable), city (or nearest city), state/province, country and three character ISO country code
- Source name of publication or copyright holder (if applicable)
Multimedia Submission Preparation
You may add multimedia items to your entry by using the 'Add URL' button in the multimedia category sections of the entry appliation. Double check the URL that you provide. If your site is down we cannot judge your entry.
If a URL submission is modified after the entry period closes on January 15, 2018 it will be disqualified.